Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"Victory In The LORD"

"I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries." (Psalms 81:14) I think it's pretty obvious that God means business when it comes to defeating sin. Now that we have seen just how serious He really is, it's time for us to get serious also. Excuse me if I am not with it this morning, I woke up yesterday thinking I had a back ache and it turns out I have a UTI. My wife gets a UTI just about every year. My goodness, I will never look at her situation the same again; this hurts! A quick way to see the power that God has to subdue our enemies is to simply read the proof that is provided for us in the Bible. The problem we have in doing that, is making those truths our proof, because we tend to relate them to those people of the Bible and not to us. That's a sad state of affairs, because God's word never changes; times might change, people might change, but His word never will. When I first became a Christian, that truth was as clear to me as ever. I had no doubt that God's power was for today, because my life was changed in a moment; I went from having no hope, to knowing what real hope is; I went from being dead, to having eternal life within me; and I went from not knowing God, to knowing the Living God. So, if your not quite sure about what you read, and whether that applies to you, then simply look back to that day you first believed...
"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength to do his work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve him, even though I used to blaspheme the name of Christ. In my insolence, I persecuted his people. But God had mercy on me because I did it in ignorance and unbelief. Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus. This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" -and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen." (1 Timothy 1:12-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment