Monday, September 26, 2016

"The Path to Victory"

"O that my people had harkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!" (Psalms 81:13) I can't begin to tell you all the times I should have and could have been victorious over sins in my life; yet, it really takes the desire for us to be victorious, in order for the victory to be realized. Between the last verse and this verse in my Bible I have written Luke 15:11, which is the story of the 'Lost Son.' Some may want to refer to that story as the 'Prodigal Son,' which is okay, but in this context I prefer 'Lost' over 'Prodigal' because there is a pathway involved. When you get right down to it, waking in God's ways are more important than anyone might realize, that is unless they are actually walking in His ways, then it's perfectly clear. The reason the 'Lost Son' is important to this passage, is because of the Father's concern for His son; the son may not realize that he is lost, but the Father knows that he is. God always knows when we are lost, and He always knows what is the best path for our lives. Our biggest problem is that we think we know better what's best for us; that is until we find ourselves being lost, then we realize how much we need God's guidance in our lives. Between this verse and the next, I have written in my Bible, "Obey = Victory." It really does not take much convincing to get us to realize our need for God when we are being beaten up by the world, but when we are living large, we tend to think it's okay to make our own choices. So in that regard, we could use the term 'Prodigal' to explain the motivation behind the son making the wrong choices; which simply comes down to loving this world more than the Father...
""O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me. And now, look, your house is abandoned and desolate. For I tell you this, you will never see me again until you say, 'Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the LORD!'"
(Matthew 23:37-39) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment