Friday, September 2, 2016

"Recognition"

"Return, we beseech thee, O God of hosts: look down from heaven, and behold, and visit this vine; and the vineyard which thy right hand hath planted, and the branch that thou madest strong for thyself." (Psalms 80:14-15) It really does not matter who is doing the insinuating, whether it's the devil, ourselves or the world, all that really matters is God and what He thinks. I think that is the part that gets me, more than any other element of God's grace, it's that particular point that just overwhelms me, time and time again. That is the whole point of Romans 8:1, whether you can except it for that or not, it's really not up to either you or I, it's up to God; and if God says that I am justified in Christ Jesus, then guess what, it's true! We can't just take how we feel about something and build a understanding based upon that; our feelings don't count, neither do our understandings! It just keeps blowing my mind. Why would God choose me? I know that I mess up, and I know there are still many things that God would want removed from my life; but I also know that He loves me, and that's the part that still keeps on getting to me. I can't earn His love, or gain His love; His love is already there; it's always been there! We can worry all night and day what the world might think of us, but none of that really matters; really, none of it matters. What really matters is what God thinks of us; and if God is for us, then you know what that means! Obviously there is more to it than just that, right? I'm not so sure. The more I try to figure more into it, the more confused I become. Look, all that I know is that God's grace does not have strings attached, it came nailed to a cross...
"LORD, look down from heaven; look down from your holy, glorious home, and see us. Where is the passion and the might you used to show on our behalf? Where are your mercy and compassion now? Surely you are still our Father! Even if Abraham and Jacob would disown us, LORD, you would still be our Father. You are our Redeemer from ages past. LORD, why have you allowed us to turn from your path? Why have you given us stubborn hearts so we no longer fear you? Return and help us, for we are your servants, the tribes that are your special possession." (Isaiah 63:15-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment