Saturday, September 10, 2016

"The God of Jacob"

"Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob." (Psalms 81:1) Forgive me if I have a blunder now and again; I am no perfect, and if I make mistakes, it's only because I am not. But I know someone who is! I guess you could say, I am not guilty by association! Usually it's the other way around, but in this case, if you are not associated with Jesus Christ, then you are guilty as charged. As a matter of fact, there really does not even need to be a trial, because you are not only guilty, but you are already condemned. That's a pretty harsh reality for someone to face; maybe that's why so many people refuse to even consider looking in that general direction. Yes, but if they only knew; if they only knew what it means to be pulled from the fire; to be snatched up out of the fire, cooled off, dusted off, and dressed in white linen! That my friends is something to sing about, because it's all about God doing what He does best, He delivers us! I get that I'm not perfect; no one needs to convince me of that. I also understand that God knows everything there is to know about me; including those dreams I have at night. That alone is enough to condemn me, because there are some that I feel very certain were not just something I made up in my own mind; but that does not mean I refused to be entertained by them. Regardless of what you might act out, or what things you might do or not do, our heart is where God looks for perfection. What's in your heart today? Better yet, Who is in your heart today? Can a person be in Christ without Christ being in them? That might sound like a strange question, but it's one that can surely give some answers for the question of eternal security. I am not trying to make any point about anything; not that it hasn't already been made, because it has. The only point that I am trying to make, is that once we become the property of Jesus, which He purchased with His blood, we have been bought and paid for completely, once and for all. Now the biggest point that comes into question, is, What next? I mean, it's your move, so what do you do, and continually do, day after day? We have been given life, life eternal; Jesus can make that life abundant, right now and for today...
"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty; with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:11-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment