Saturday, September 17, 2016

"Unbound by Mercy" -To

"I removed his shoulder from the burden: his hands were delivered from the pots." (Psalms 81:6) If you like the numbers game, then this being verse six might delight you a little; especially seeing that the writer is taking the liberty to speak for God. It is so unfortunate for so many believers that they don't give up sooner; our God only wants the very best for our lives, but we seem to have this notion that He only wants take our pleasures away. Isn't that the lie that Eve was fed in the garden? I saw a post in the Drudge Report yesterday that people are just accepting the fact that retirement is at 70. I am beginning to think that there will be no retirement for a whole lot of people; besides, where in the Bible does it speak of retirement? As I draw closer to the end of this life, I can't help but think of all the opportunities I have wasted to serve God. Not that I haven't served Him in one way or another, because I have; but I am talking about real ministry living, where serving God is what I do, period! Instead, I am a Bug Guy! That's what I do, I kill bugs for a living. Now don't get me wrong, I love what I do; I am good at what I do, so why wouldn't I love it. And as far as I know, this might be right where God would have me. But I can't really see myself crawling under houses at the age of 70, so I am most likely going to change what I do within the next ten years, that's for sure. One thing is for sure, there is no retirement in my future, not unless you count heaven; which just so happens to be the place I want to retire to! I have no savings; no retirement package waiting for me; nothing except the Social Security that the Government has already squandered. This country has more dealt than any other country before; to get out of this dealt is going to take huge sacrifices from everyone, for years to come. Sound kind of familiar? It should. It's pretty much the same way many of us live in service to the Lord. We dismiss the sacrifice that should be made now, putting it off for somewhere down the road. Each year turns into another five, and then another ten; until you finally realize that it's all been squandered, spent doing all that you want to do, and not on the Lord. And you know what the worst thing is, it's that it cost so much to do all that you want to do, you can't keep up with the cost...
"During the fourth year that Jehoiakim son of Josiah was king in Judah, the LORD gave this message to Jeremiah: "Get a scroll, and write down all my messages against Israel, Judah, and the other nations. Begin with the first message back in the days of Josiah, and write down every message, right up to the present time. Perhaps the people of Judah will repent when they hear again all the terrible things I have planned for them. Then I will be able to forgive their sins and wrongdoings."" (Jeremiah 36:1-3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment