Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"Pitch Perfect"

"Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day." (Psalms 81:3) As you might have gathered by Paul remarks, our praise might just require us to set our feelings aside, because it's not about what I feel like, it's about being thankful and praising God. As the last verse was about preparation, meaning that we have the right equipment, here we just praise; not based upon our time or reason, but "in the time appointed." What does that even mean? What time is appointed for me to worship? I know that something inside of me tells me it's time, because I can feel the push, even when I might not feel like worshipping, there is something inside of me that says to do it anyway. I believe that is the Holy Spirit encouraging me, sometimes, He even enables me; but I believe that it's Him who causes me to worship when I am not feeling up to it on my own. To deny Him the chance to assist me in doing what is right, is pretty much the quenching of the Holy Spirit; which pretty much means that we do not allow the Holy Spirit to speak through us, or direct our lives, or follow His leading; whether that be in prophetic utterances or in what time it is to worship God. Our worship of God is not really determined by a place. Jesus made that quit plan as He spoke to the woman at the well, saying, "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." (John 4:23) It is more about spontaneity than it is about anything else. We worship God because He deserves to be worshipped, not because of the way that we feel. Believe it or not, but that is exactly how love works also. We do not get to choose when we will love and not love based upon how we might feel; love is not based upon our feelings, but is based upon our commitment to honor God, because He loves us. I know it might not sound like much, but believe me, it is comforting beyond anything you could ever imagine! Just deny yourself, and worship your Father! So what if you don't feel like doing it, then ask the Holy Spirit to assist you, and don't deny Him leading you in worship...
"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory." (Colossians 3:1-4) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment