Sunday, September 25, 2016

"Our Portion, Refuse"

"So I gave them up into their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels." (Psalms 81:12) I know it might sound strange, but why do we prefer to be wasted, over being blessed? It's like we have a built-in part of us that wants to fail, because we think failing is the easy way out, or that it's what we are, a failure. God wants so much more for our lives then we could ever imagine, if we would just give Him a chance to make us into something beautiful. Instead, we prefer to make ourselves into something else; not knowing that it's not going to end well, if we don't do things God's way. So, what is the truth? Are we eternally secure? I tend to go with the idea that people who walk in their own counsel can still somehow end up in heaven, but they might not like what they become; whether that has something to do with an outer court, or ground up for mortar, I really don't know. But one thing I do know, is that we are secure in Christ, not in our own performance. I heard a message from Pastor Jon; it's been many years ago, but it has still stuck with me through all these many years. He was sharing about the difference between those that serve others and those that serve themselves. Both types of people have a place in heaven, but there place pretty much matches the life that they chose here on earth. Those that served others here, our the ones that get to serve God; those that served themselves here, serve others in heaven. Whether that's true or not, we will soon find out; but why would we take a chance? God's way is always the best way...
"This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel says: "Take your burnt offerings and your sacrifices and eat them yourselves! When I led your ancestors out of Egypt, it was not burnt offerings and sacrifices I wanted from them. This is what I told them: 'Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do everything I say, and all will be well!' "But my people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted, following the stubborn desires of their evil hearts. They went backward instead of forward."" (Jeremiah 7:21-24) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment