Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"What Then!" -again

"For God is King of all the earth, sing ye praises with understanding." (Psalms 47:7) Yes, I know, sometimes I can get a little carried away and off track; but studying the book of Romans can do that to you, especially if you are going to be teaching on it, there is nothing quite like it. It really makes a person take evaluation of this life we have been given, and wonder, "Am I really a slave to God, or am I a slave to sin?" As for this verse, it appears I might have gone off track, but nothing could be further from the truth. "Understanding" is key to every aspect of a new life in Christ, not just for worship; although, if you truly don't understand what you are in Christ, then it is really questionable what is in your heart as you worship; are you worshiping for God, or are you worshiping for yourself? If you are sowing seeds of worship, for who's benefit are those seeds that you have planted? God does not need our worship, He needs to be worshiped! We don't worship God to get anything out of it, we worship God for what He is and what He has done! Maybe you worship God so that you can feel closer to Him? If that is so, and it might be true, then that's really not worshiping God, if your desire to draw closer is your motivation for worship; I think that might lean closer to worshiping yourself then it does to worshiping God. We don't worship God to get anything out of worshiping Him, we worship Him because He deserves to be worshiped; which is the same with tithing, we don't tithe to be blessed by God, we tithe because God has blessed us, and we honor Him with our tithes. As far as giving anything to God, "God is King of all the earth", what could you possibly give Him that He does not have already? So we don't worship as if it is some sort of gratuity for God, just as we don't tithe as if we are tipping God for His good service. We are His and He is our King; we are His subjects and He is our Lord; we are His slaves and He is our Master; we are His creation and He is our God; we are His children and He is our Father that loves us more than we realize...He want's our hearts!!!
"Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love. If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love. These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." (John 15:8-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment