Monday, September 1, 2014

"Now What?"

"Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises." (Psalms 47:6) Oh, don't you know it's time to praise the Lord? Unconditionally and in the moment, He deserves to be praised for what He has done, regardless of what we know or don't know, but because of what He knows, and yet, He still called us! Walking in His victory changes everything! I have spent untold hours, even days, and months even, walking in defeat because I have waited and wanted to have the victory in myself; but that's not the way this thing they call being a Christian is really all about; it's about abiding in Christ and letting Him make you into a fruit bearing branch attached to the life giving vine. Call is being stubborn, of thick headed, or what ever you want; but trying to do things my way has failed over and over again; so why do I keep doing it? What do I keep trying to prove? and to who? Myself, is who I think that it is, because it surely isn't God; I would be totally stupid to think that I could prove anything to God. What I should be doing is to prove God to be true! When God says, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14), then I should take Him at His word and walk accordingly; but it always seems that I try and use my performance as the judge of God's promise, instead of using God's promise as the guide for my performance. When Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2:9, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him", I believe that in the context of what he is talking about, we cannot see or understand the spiritual life that we have in Christ, we must just walk in it and see for ourselves by the result. Instead, we tend to base the whole complex workings of God upon the minuscule capacity of our minds, thinking that we can figure it out before we go forward; but that is not how it works!!! We could see that clearly if we just could understand the whole point with the children of Israel refusing to cross the Jordan the first time; they saw what they wanted to see based upon their carnal minds, instead of walking out in the promises of God... "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds:) casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled." (2 Corinthians 10:3-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment