Monday, September 22, 2014

"Changing Direction"

"Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof." (Psalms 48:12) It's really quite simple; if you know and understand that God loves you, then turn to Him and let Him do a work in you! I really don't think He could have made it any simpler, it's really just us that want to complicate things by making everything about process, when it's really just about change, drastic change that happens in an instant! Oh, you doubt me? How fast can you turn and walk the other way? One way you are living for yourself and seeking after the things of the world, yet the opposite direction is to be living for God and seeking after His righteousness; it is really just about choice, as in what direction you will choose to walk in; once you have made the choice to do right, He will rightly guide you and your life will have real purpose, His purpose! Your next question might be, then how do I know the direction to turn to? Simpler even yet: you turn to Jesus!!! I was going to title this post "Go Tell It On The Mountain", but I thought this verse was a little more about a change of heart than just telling something that you think that you know; because before you can honestly tell about God's awesome love, you need to experience His awesome love for yourself; then His love just flows from you, and you can really share His love. What really did it for me were the two "about's"; the first one is about changing direction, while the second one is about fastening together, such as something with a clasp which, returning back to itself, forms a circle. Interesting enough, but that is how God's love works in our life; we can't buy His love and take it on our own; just as we can't live outside of God's love and expect to love. We must abide in His love in order to experience His love and in order to share His love; and when we are abiding in His love, we will tell of His love, it's going to happen, no doubt "about" it... "Therefore, when He had gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in Him. If God be glorified in Him, God shall also glorify Him in Himself, and shall straightway glorify Him. Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek Me; and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another." (John 13:31-35)

No comments:

Post a Comment