Sunday, September 28, 2014

"The Connection"

"My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding." (Psalms 49:3) Hi, my name is Rich, and in case you haven't noticed, if have this thing about sharing what God puts on my heart, each and every morning, without fail! I say that because God has put a message upon my heart this morning about this little distance the exist between our hearts and our minds; although it might appear to be only about a foot or so, it can sometimes seem as though they are miles apart. If you are wondering where I am going today, you might want to have a seat, because today I want God to speak to me! My heart knows what I am meant to do, but my mind always wants to go in a different direction; maybe it's just me, but how is it that the two cannot agree together and stop opposing each other? Let me give you a sample of what I am talking about, and use worry as the main point in the discussion; and let's say I am more than convinced in my heart of hearts that I have no need to worry about anything because God is in control, and because God loves me, and because God provides for all of my needs; this is what is commonly known as faith, as in, I believe in a God that loves me and my heart is sure of that. Somewhere, and I am not sure where, there is this thing within my mind that wants to see results before they even happen; in other words, my mind wants to have my complete path laid out before me, and wants to be at rest with knowing the plan, and that the plan is well thought out. Then in steps God! You know what I mean? The same God that loves me, and is in control of my life, and wants to provide for my every need, He steps in and says two words that totally dissolve all of my results that are played out in my mind, He says, Trust Me! Oh, I do; I know that I do; I believe that I do; but there is a part of me that is scared and wants to see what happens next; that just wants to know what might be waiting around the corner; that wants to prepare. That, my dear brother and sister, is the heart of trusting in riches; it is that kind of trust which is foolishness because it is putting trust in what we see before us based upon what we think we are capable of achieving with what we have been given. And the really funny thing is, it is all from God; yet He gives it, and He can also take it away; so why are we focused on any of that? Why would I want to hold onto anything that is not mine to hold onto? Come on, really!!!
"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for He hath prepared for them a city." (Hebrews 11:13-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment