Sunday, September 14, 2014

"God Is Big Enough"

"For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together. They saw it, and so they marveled; they were troubled, and hasted away. Fear took hold of upon them there, and pain, as of a woman in travail." (Psalms 48:4-6) Now this is interesting, besides the fact that I am drawn to do several verses at a time, it's just the way God puts things together; not just in a literal sense, but in a spiritual sense, and for today. Maybe I am getting far too ahead of myself; I have a tendency to do that, because sometimes I have no clue what it is that God is going to say, but the Spirit within me does; which is why we need to spend less time talking and more time listening. Besides the fact that we have mostly no idea what we are talking about, most of us speak before we are told what to say anyway, when God wants us to listen, like that Passage, "Be still, and know that I am God" from Psalms 46:10, sometimes we just need to stop what we are doing and just marvel at God's doing. Today I am honored to deliver the message, which will be Genesis 15; yes, the entire chapter, from verse one, all the way to verse 21 in a single message. At first I thought I would just take a portion of the chapter and teach something on that; but there was nothing there that did not need to be said, because from verse one, all the way to verse 21, everything fit together in one message. The point that struck my heart the most, was God showing Abram what would happen to his descendants. I mean really, if you wanted to help someone with doubt, then why not give them a little history to help them see how things are going to turn out. Not only that, but I truly believe that God gave Abram a love for those children; not just any love, but a sick love; not being able to be with them in their suffering, but knowing what they would be suffering through; yet knowing also, that one day they would be together. The cord that struck the hardest was the fact that God gave Abram a little taste of His heart towards us; His sick love towards all of us, knowing our suffering, and knowing the bondage we suffer under; yet also seeing the outcome of what we shall be in the end. God is big enough to shape our lives, to shake this world, and to cause fear to take hold in the strongest of men; which is why I think its time to pay Him a little respect... "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalms 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment