Friday, September 12, 2014

"God Is There!"

"God is known in her palaces for a refuge." (Psalms 48:3) I would like to think that most everyone who claims to know God would understand that He is always there for us, but it is hard to see that sometimes by the way we live out that understanding. Let me put this another way, but with a little less sarcasm: if we truly believed that God was there for us, then maybe we would live out our lives as if He was there for us! Yes, but God surely does not have time for my simple little life; who am I that God should bother with my life, I am nobody. If you are somebody, then you are somebody to God; and He cares about the scrape you got on your knee, the dream the woke you up in the middle of the night, the tear that came to your eye when you felt alone; there is nothing that we experience in this life that God does not know about or care about. I think that hope is more than just something that we look forward to, it is something that is lived out in our lives by the way we react to life, by the way that we plan our lives, and by the way rise up each morning expecting and knowing that God is there for us. Why am I doing this blog every day? Why do I get up at four each morning to force myself to do this each and every day? Personally, I do this expecting God to speak into my heart; and He never fails! What I say may not make any sense to anyone else, but this is really between me and God; a living journal for all to see, that's all this really is, and all that it was meant to be. Sometimes I wonder if I am just obsessed with not missing a single day, but God will not let me stop, at least not yet He hasn't; for every time that I have wanted to step away, He has put something upon my heart that I cannot keep from putting out there for somebody to see. Who ever you are, He loves you and cares so desperately for your life; even if that life might seem as if it stinks, to Him it is a sweet aroma that reminds Him of His Son...   "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (for after after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:31-34)  

No comments:

Post a Comment