Monday, September 29, 2014

"The Connection" -2

"My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be understanding." (Psalms 49:3) As I was trying to say, before I so awkwardly interrupted what God was trying to tell me, is that we practice more trusting in riches than we practice trusting in God; we just don't realize that we are doing it, at least not until those riches are cut off, then we feel the result. Go ahead a say it, Speak for yourself! I am doing that, but I am also speaking for most everyone else also; maybe you are okay at this point in time, but I still think that everyone can relate to what is being said. Why is this Psalm even written, if not for us to gain some understanding? The ultimate excuse that we give for everything that we do not know to do right, is that we did not understand the command; yet, that is really a lie, because our hearts knew all along what the right thing to do was, our minds just did not care to understand the concept. Of all the letters to the Churches, Jesus did not charge any with not understanding what to do, but not doing what was right; especially for the Church of Laodicea, which was the church that was dead, because it trusted in itself and did not need anything from God. "Understanding" is not a concept that is learned, it is a way of life that is lived out; nothing that we understand is any good until it is put to use; and nothing that we understand is proven until it is tested. Another way we can look at this, is to relate it to a skill; as with any skill, only the practice of that skill will make anyone skillful; the understanding of that skill really achieves little compared to the practice of actually doing it. The same goes for "wisdom", which is nice to obtain, but it does not do any good if it is not put into practice; it only makes us more accountable for what we know; and let's not even talk about speaking wisdom, because that makes us appear foolish if we do not practice what we preach. Our best excuse before God is that we are weak and in need of a Savior! Our best position to be in before God is in the position of humility and utter desperation! This is where God wants us to come to understanding, in that we understand how much we need Him... "I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayset be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." (Revelation 3:18-20)  

No comments:

Post a Comment