Thursday, September 4, 2014

"Ruled In Love"

"God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of His holiness." (Psalms 47:8) This is no 'do nothing' God that we serve; He is constantly working to bring about His perfect plan in our lives; which is something that we fail to totally understand, mostly because we spend more time walking in the flesh than in the Spirit. Love is by far the most important thing that we need to practice; love towards God, as well as love for one another; there is simply no better way to put it. Understanding needs to come in the form of love! I think that is why John was the last of the disciples to go, because he understood what importance love was in the relationship with God, for he says, "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." (1 John 4:8) It really does not get any clearer than that! This is literally our response to God, for, "We love Him, because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19) Therefore, when it comes to getting anything from God, there is really nothing else that we need, because He has already given us "all" of His love: His greatest gift of "all". When David writes, "God reigneth over the heathen", it would appear that he is speaking of Gentiles or those that are not governed by God, which is not the case; instead, he is speaking of all the nations of the world, including the nation of Israel; in other words, there is no difference when it comes to those that He rules over, nor in those that His love is poured out for; just as John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world", which literally means "all" the world, every single one of us! I guess you could say, "God loves me in spite of who I am, or what I do, or how I worship, or even if I worship Him at all; God still loves me!" It's really hard to wrap my mind around that kind of love, which is precisely why I must enter into it, because I can never get a grasp upon it, it is just too massive and too overwhelming to contain; which also best describes the second portion of this verse, which basically is like saying, "You can't touch this!"
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity (love), these three; but the greatest of these is charity (love)." (1 Corinthians 13:11-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment