Sunday, January 9, 2022

"Unquestionable!"

 "Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" (John 6:67 KJV)

  "But Ruth replied, "Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!"" (Ruth 1:16-18 NLT)

 If you want my opinion, Jesus is asking, not because He needs to know, but for them to think about where they stand. It is a lot like God saying to Adam in the garden, "Where are you?" He really did not need to know where Adam was, but Adam needed to realize where he was, and what circumstance was upon him.

 Taking some sort of account of where we stand, is actually a good thing; we must be assured of where it is that we might draw the line, and then take every bit of strength within us, to make sure that line is never drawn, to be able to even think about crossing it! Count the cost! Jesus spoke of this in several different ways, whether it be love of family, or the love of riches; noting should be more important than our love for the Lord! 

 Regardless of what you might think of Ruth, she loved Naomi, and she was not easily offended by her in any way. A few years ago, I had the honor of giving the Mother's Day message at a friend's church. I made the message to be based upon the Book of Ruth. It was meant to be the introduction to David's family, and how God uses our mistakes for good; but it really took a turn in me, as I focused upon Ruth and her great loyalty towards Naomi; even when she had a chance to be offended, she ignored the chance to let it happen! 

 Something I really which I could have the ability to easily do! Instead, it seems as though I am easily drawn to think of any offense, and then build upon it, as if it was meant to hurt me, or that my feelings were being ignored. What a stupid thing to do! Most of the time I have been totally wrong, having no clue what was really going on, because I was too focused upon my own feelings instead of those of the other person or persons.

 Anywho; we must get to a place where we know what is possible within us and be prepared to deal with it when it stands at the door and knocks. As God told Cain, "But you must subdue it and be its master." (Genesis 4:7d NLT) There must be a Way...

"A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them, "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison - your father, and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters - yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple. And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple."" (Luke 14:25-27 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment