Saturday, January 1, 2022

"Made Alive!"

 "It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63 KJV)

  "For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17 NLT)

 Happy New Year to all! Let's make this year count for the Kingdom of God! 

 Have you ever thought about the parable of the talents, as to the third man that buried his talents in the ground? I find it rather interesting, but the ground I feel represents the earth, as in the things that really do not count towards the Kingdom of God. If we are looking for ways to express the gifts that God has given us, by using them towards His Kingdom, then the opposite of that, would be investing those same gifts into the worldly good, which, according to Jesus, profit nothing at all!

 Anywho; today I turned off my alarm and slept in a little while. I didn't even make my bed right after I got up, because I might get back into it, after I am done posting this; after all, this is the day that I call my Sabbath, so I am told to rest! It is a nice day though, so I might take my wife to the movies; as it nice to get her out of the house, from time to time. If it is not raining in the morning, I will be taking her to church; Lord willing! 

 When God created Adam, He formed him from the dirt; the earth is the dirt, thus Adam was made from the earth. I find that rather interesting, because God had planned for something down the road, by making man from the earth. All other creatures made, God had spoken into existence, but man, God formed from the earth.

 Then the Bible tells us, after man was formed, God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. What was it about God's breath? Did God breath His Spirit into man? Isn't that the same breath that Jesus breathed into His disciples, as He said, "Receive ye the Holy Ghost." (John 20:22)

 Then, when Adam sinned, this same Spirit departed, causing death! Adam became spiritually separated from God and was spiritually dead. This is life on a whole other level, eternally speaking...

"This is the account of the creation of the heaven and the earth. When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, neither wild plants nor grains were growing on the earth. For the LORD God had not yet sent rain to water the earth, and there were no people to cultivate the soil. Instead, springs came up from the ground and watered all the land. Then the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person. Then the LORD God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he placed the man he had made. The LORD God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground - trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." (Genesis 2:4-9 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment