Saturday, January 15, 2022

"Jesus and His Brothers"

  "After this, Jesus traveled around Galilee. He wanted to stay out of Judea, where the Jewish leaders were plotting his death. But soon it was time for the Jewish Festival of Shelters, and Jesus' brothers said to him, "Leave here and go to Judea, where your followers can see your miracles! You can't become famous if you hide like this! If you can do such wonderful things, show yourself to the world!" For even his brothers didn't believe in him. 

 "Jesus replied, "Now is not the right time for me to go, but you can go anytime. The world can't hate you, but it does hate me because I accuse it of doing evil. You go on. I'm not going to the festival, because my time has not yet come." After these things, Jesus remained in Galilee." (John 7:1-9 NLT)

 Before I try and go any further, I just would like to say that I have seen enough to prove that we are absolutely living in the last day; I really don't think that we have much longer before Jesus comes for His bride! Take that as a gentle warning, because I truly believe we should be ready!

 As I count on so many things to suddenly change, I am also quite aware the God wants us to continue on in doing what we do. But in what manner of planning should we be living? I really feel that I can get carried away by certain thoughts of doing this or that to continue on, sometimes even daydreaming about a whole different life of living out my final days.

 Not sure if anyone out there might understand what I am speaking of, but it is pretty much about life...

"I lift my eyes to you, O God, enthroned in heaven. We keep looking to the LORD our God for his mercy, just as servants keep their eyes on their master, as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal. Have mercy on us, Lord, have mercy, for we have had our fill of contempt. We have had more than our fill of the scoffing of the proud and the contempt of the arrogant." (Psalm 123)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment