Monday, January 10, 2022

"The Answer!"

 "Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." (John 6:68 KJV)

  "Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant - I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." (Psalm 73:21-26 NLT)

 Back to that day, the wonderful day when Jesus entered into my heart. What I had not expected, was to realize how much God loved me; it became personal and real, more real than I could have ever imagined. This was no longer some sort of story that gets handed down; it became something that needed to be lived out, because He was alive in me! 

 I really cannot do this any justice trying to explain how it felt, because the feeling is really not that, a feeling; it is a reality that there is a True and Living God, who loves us more than we could ever know. You can't feel that; you can't know the sum of it, because it goes and goes forever! All we can do is to live in it, never losing sight of it, and always trusting He will never let go of us! 

 I know there will be days when there is doubt, because there always will be situations where we don't expect or deserve His protection. But that's the greatest lesson that we need to be shown: His love for us never stops, ever! Everything He allows us to go through, He allows for our eternal benefit, not our earthly desires. What a very huge difference there is between what we gain here and what we gain in heaven; there is really no comparison, whatsoever! 

 Not that I have anything figured out, because I don't. As soon as I think I might have a handle on anything, God shows me how false any earthly handle really is; absolutely useless! It is God, and God alone that gives and takes away; where else can we turn, but into His loving arms, holding on with all our might...

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me." (Philippians 3:12 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment