Monday, January 3, 2022

"Better Not Doubt"

 "But there are some of you thar believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him." (John 6:64 KJV)

  "O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!" (Psalm 139:1-6 NLT)

 Well, I was a little disappointed, because the NLT doubles down on God's regret for making man. We all have our different points of view, I guess, so I will not get stuck on the things that may or may not be relevant to our eternal security in Christ. That said: Do we really believe that God can know and see all we do, say, or even think? Do we truly believe that He really pays that much attention to us, at all? 

 Since I have brought this up, where do we think God goes when we sin? I mean, if we willfully sin, are we doing it at a moment that we think God is not watching? Just an observation, but it might need to be something that we watch out for! 

 I really do pray that the church will be on guard for what is coming and going, because it seems as though we have let down our guard when it comes to our marriage, our children, and our cares for one another. It might be due to the isolation and lockdowns, which many thought would be a chance for families to bond and grow closer together. 

 Don't forget to suit up in the morning, as well as throughout the day! Do not take any part of your armor off...

"A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm." (Ephesians 6:10-13 NLT) 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment