Saturday, January 8, 2022

"The Departing Ones" - Too

 "From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." (John 6:66 KJV)

  "How long, O LORD, must I call for help? But you do not listen! "Violence is everywhere!" I cry, but you do not come to save. Must I forever see theses evil deeds? Why must I watch all this misery? Wherever I look, I see destruction and violence. I am surrounded by people who love to argue and fight. The law has become paralyzed, and there is no justice in the courts. The wicked far outnumber the righteous, so that justice has become perverted." (Habakkuk 1:2-4 NLT)

 I was praying about how I might turn this into something good to talk about; not sure if this is the right way to help make that happen. Interesting message I heard yesterday afternoon, as Pastor Jack was speaking from Revelation 2:8-11 on the church in Smyrna. This basic point to the message, was Jesus saying, "He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." In other words, Jesus is saying, 'I got this, do not be afraid!' 

 We can sometimes feel as though there is no hope, especially when it might look as though death is winning and the only hope is death, itself. Nothing could be further from the truth!!! As Pastor Jack was sharing, (and with much passion I might add,) the churches in the region of Smyrna have been suffering through great trials; whole churches have been set on fire, while filled with people; rolled over with bulldozers while people were inside. Crushed like grapes, for no other reason, than loving Jesus! 

 Does it surprise anyone when someone might flee from that? For those on the outside, no; their friends and families would be encouraging them to escape the church, while they have a chance! A chance for what? "And ye shall have tribulation ten days," is the word from the Lord! What is that to you? Ten days could mean twenty years, or it might mean one day; depending on your circumstance, it could mean a lifetime of punishment; until it's over! 

 Please hear me when I say this: It is what you make it! In your suffering, you can sit and suffer all you want, but it does not help your suffering one bit! Press into God, with all the strength you might have, and more than you might even feel you can muster and praise Him for all He has done to save you from hell; then the hell you might be going through won't feel so uncomfortable. You might even find a little joy can appear from the trial you are tasting...

"The LORD replied, "Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it."" (Habakkuk 1:5 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment