Sunday, January 2, 2022

"Made Alive!" - To

 "It is the Spirit that qickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63 KJV) 

  "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another." (Galatians 5:24-26 NLT)

 Okay, so I am terrible at keeping the Sabbath! I just cannot rest when there are things piled up around me that need to get done; 'There is no rest for the weary!' That said, I really did need to get some things done; and once I got started, I couldn't hardly start. Maybe I will make Sunday my rest day, because putting off work for Sunday hardly ever works. This should be a day for church, spending time with family, and fellowshipping with one another. Is that considered work? 

 Never mind all that I just said, it was just me getting things off my chest. I did, however, get a chance to read the NLT to my wife, at least 20 minutes, Genesis chapter one to chapter five. Now we are getting to flood! I'm really curious to see how they present God's repenting to have made man; because it is not exactly the way I see God's heart! 

 God needed to save mankind, as it was, and is, always slipping into self-destruction. We might not see it happening, but there comes a point when God must react; as Pastor Mike might say: "God gets up off the couch!" Believe it or not, but that is the message I feel must be made clear: We must wake up, out of our sleep, and come alive to the Spirit that is living inside of us! 

 Whether we feel like it or not, holding back from doing the work of the Spirit, is pretty much the same as quenching the Spirit, which basically means, we are not allowing the Spirit to work! There is a time to rest, and there is a time to get busy: This is a time to get busy, because the hour is drawing closer and more critical with each passing day. 

 If there is one thing that I have learned over these last 40 years, the Holy Spirit does not make you do anything, but He will help you do whatever He wants! We just have to step out and obey what He leads us to do; then we will be strengthened to do it again and again! If we hold back, then the Spirit will back off too. That is really not a good place to be, like painting yourself into a corner; if you know what I mean! 

 Regardless of what you might think about the responsibility we have as a believer in Christ, we are all called to do what we are meant to do; anything less is sin, which is missing the mark! I am a very strong believer in the rule: we will be judged more on what we do not do, then we will on what we do! The things we are meant to do are expected of us to do, they are usually the things God placing in our path that are meant for us to grow by and get stronger in our walk. 

 I really hope I can get back into the practice of paying attention to the leading of the Spirit, and then stepping out, doing what I know God wants me to do! Pray for one another...

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them thy servant is warned: and in keeping them there is great reward. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." (Psalms 19:7-14 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment