Tuesday, January 25, 2022

"True That!"

 "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil." (John 7:7 KJV)

  "Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee." (Isaiah 49:7 KJV) 

 Maybe it might not seem so believable, but that does not mean it isn't so! If you can remember what Jesus said to Nicodemus, right after that most popular verse in the Bible, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved," then you should know that this word Jesus is saying to His brothers, "testify," is nothing to do with condemn, not even judge; it is more to do with reveal, as in making known.

 And, if you haven't known something, you might not have realized prior, you might not feel all that good about knowing what you had not known. Like a mirror: you felt really good about yourself, not knowing you were totally ugly, until someone showed you a mirror, and now you don't feel so good about how you might look! 

 Interesting thing and this word, "testify," because it mostly speaks about good news! Think about what is being said, because the testimony being spoken of, is of the world. Last I checked, my address has been changed: I no longer have a home called, "the world," my home is in heaven! Talking about good news, that news is Great! 

 Oh, I still deal with the world, get pushed around by the world, get tempted by the things of the world; I might even fall down and get scraped up, beat up, and thrashed upon by the world; but because I am no longer of this world, nothing this world might do to be can change where I end up truly living! 

 I know that it seems too easy and that there must be a catch; believe me when I say, there are days when I feel as though I must do something to earn the right to be His! There is nothing we could ever do to earn something that is freely given; but sky's the limit on being thankful...

"Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: but when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." (Galatians 4:3-7 KJV) 


No comments:

Post a Comment