Wednesday, December 1, 2021

"The Father's Heart"

 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father." (John 6:46 KJV)

  "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us." (1 John 4:12 KJV)

 Most of all, my hope is that I can finish well; whatever that might look like, I am pretty sure thar it has something to do with loving as I should. With all the pressures of this life, it is very difficult to try and keep yourself being perfect in love; mostly because love is not selfish and does no wrong! Man, I sure need a lot of work on my attitude! 

 I literally start off many mornings, asking God to give me the ability to love as I should. Just in case you might not know this, but when you ask God for things like that, you typically get situations throughout your day, where you must die to yourself, just to try and not be angry about something. If you ask God to give you patience, then the very first line you will be in, there will surely be someone ahead of you that we try your patience; guaranteed, you will have your patience tested! 

 Love does not just stop at patience! It is good to have the ability to be patient; but it is better still to use the moment in which you must be patient, to practice love. What might that look like? Maybe caring and praying for that moment, to share God's love! If you really want patience, then your time is not your own, but it belongs to God. Would you agree? 

 Last night as I was driving home from a dinner party, I had a chance to hear Pastor Tony sharing on the passage from Isaiah 9:6. He was breaking down all those names for Jesus, and I caught him while he was sharing about the part about what He shall be called; waiting with anticipation for him to get to the part about: "The Everlasting Father." 

 You cannot imagine how many times I have shared that verse, being challenged with that part of the Scripture, and having only one answer: "God is One!" I bet you might not guess what Pastor Tony said; because his answer was about the Time! Yes, you guessed it: Father Time, of which there is no time; and any time that there is, He created it, and it belongs to Him...

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me; for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; but the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." (John 1:14-18 KJV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment