Sunday, December 19, 2021

"To Remain as One" - Two

 "He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." (John 6:56 KJV)

  "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." (1 John 4:12-13 KJV)

 Never give up! That's what I have to say to that! The greatest tool against any believer, that the devil has, is discouragement; and oddly enough, deception is how discouragement is presented and used. Jesus clearly said, "No servant is greater than his master," more than once He said it; so, we must remember, what He said, every single time that we are overwhelmed and feel as though we are outnumbered. 

 Here is what I pray, for myself, as well as anyone I know that is dealing with discouragement: 'That God would please forgive me for my lack of faith, open the eyes of my heart to the truth that He has spoken, and fill me with His Spirit, that I might have the strength enough to stand and not grow weary.'

 I know that Jesus is never letting go of me, so that part of the question is easy to deal with; but the thing that always makes my heart overwhelmed is my struggle to just rest in His arms, making my focus be upon Heaven, not of the things of this world! Maybe that's just me, but I really don't feel alone. 

 As I was listening to Jan's, Understanding the Times, yesterday, I got to hear some pretty good answers from a few Pastors that have studied end-time events. As I was listening, it dawned on me that I am living in the last days of my life here on earth, right now; regardless, if Jesus comes now or later, my time is just around the corner. 

 That sort of put a little different spin on, Understanding the Times, if you know what I mean! That said, I want to encourage my brothers and sisters about one thing I heard yesterday: If you are a mid-trib or post-trib believer, don't worry about a thing, because that does not count against your salvation, only your belief about when the rapture might take place. But when it does happen, it won't matter what you think about that time; because, you will become, in the blink of an eye, a pre-trib believer! 

 Pray for our churches and stay in the Word. Avoid getting caught up in all this craziness that is going on in this world: this is not our home! Look forward to being caught up to the Lord! If you die first, you go first...

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." (James 4:8-10 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment