Tuesday, December 21, 2021

"Life in Jesus" - 2

 "As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me." (John 6:57 KJV) 

  "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 4:9-10 KJV)

 'Believe it or not.' That is a very interesting statement; it reminds me of a message I heard about asking God for something, and saying, "What's the worse that can happen: He will say no." Just believe, and don't let not be an option! Pastor Robert mentioned a joke, or maybe it was a real story, I really don't know; but in the story, a golf-pro went the visit a Saudi Prince, I believe it was to give him golf lessons. The Prince was so impressed and enlightened by the lessons, he offered the Pro anything he wanted in return. The Pro answered, 'You don't need to do that, it was my pleasure.' The Prince insisted, so the Pro, making it be a simple gift, said, 'Okay, how about a golf club?' The Prince answered back, 'Fine, you got it." 

 I am pretty sure that I have prayed at least over 10,000 times for the Lord to heal my wife; and that is a conservative number. Does that mean that I have prayed enough? No, absolutely not! I am not giving up, because she is still here, and God can do anything! Believe it or not, but He has the power to cause the dead to rise, bones to come to life, planets to appear from nothing; there is nothing God cannot do, He is ALMIGHTY! 

 Just in case you might not have known this, but Jesus was appointed to die on the cross for us, even before the earth was made! Yes, believe it or not, before there was even an Adam, God planned for the Second Adam to come and retore what the first Adam destroyed. How many times did God think about what He was going to someday do? 

 Anywho; the Golf Pro went home, anticipating the golf club would soon arrive. After several months went by, he began to wonder. 'Did he forget?' 'Maybe he is having it made special; with jewels and gold, and all sorts of splendor?' And then one day an envelope arrived; and filled with disappointment he opened it. Inside the envelope was the Title Deed to a Golf Resort! 

 Yes, you got it! The things we ask for, are things that seldom reach the level of what God delivers! We think heal, God thinks bigger and better...

""My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."" (Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment