Monday, December 20, 2021

"Life In Jesus"

 "As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me." (John 6:57 KJV)

  "The LORD lives! Praise to my Rock! May the God of my salvation be exalted!" (Psalm 18:46 NLT)

 You really need to try and think what these Jews were doing, trying to wrap their heads around all of these things Jesus told them; most everything they heard Him say, they seriously could not comprehend or begin to figure out. Matthew Henry illustrates the dwelling in aspect, we in Him, and He in us, as He is being our Rock and a Stronghold; we are being a house, in which He is the Master. 

 To be totally clear, the reason we live by faith, is it becomes our responsibility to abide in Him. He will never leave us, nor forsake us; but we must abide, take shelter, cling to; whatever expression you like, to show that you need to hold on tightly to Jesus, it is the only way to experience life in Christ. I really don't know how else to explain it, rather than to say, my life depends on abiding in Jesus Christ. 

 Whether you are a new believer or have been a believer for fifty years or more, we all deal with the same issues and have the same questions about our security in Christ; even those that have taught on the gift of salvation, making the point of security in heaven, they still have days when they might have doubt. If you don't believe me, read up on some of the great evangelist that had issues; because the greater the message was that they spoke, the greater the issues they dealt with. 

 Anywho, this makes me think about all the craziness that is going on in this world, as I think about what Jesus said regarding those that might fall away or be deceived in the last days. You would think that this would cause people to hold on tighter, not fall away. Which reminds me of another issue that was talked about the other day, as one of the Pastors shared about someone he knew, who had just bought a new house, saying, 'I hope Jesus delays his coming, long enough for me to enjoy my new house.' 

 This is not our home! Try to get that into your heart and your head! We live in Christ, and He is in heaven: so, where does that place our new home? Remember your goal...

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things of the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:1-4 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment