Saturday, December 11, 2021

"THE RUB" - To

 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." (John 6:51 KJV)

  "So also Christ glorified not himself to be made a high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, today have I begotten thee. As he saith in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. Who in the days of his flesh, when he offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; though he were a Son, yet learned obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; called of God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek. Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing." (Hebrews 5:5-11 KJV)

 Speaking of drugs; if there is anything wrong with my thinking, I will just blame it on the drugs. That said, if you have been following this blog for a while, then you might have heard my opinion of the Book of Hebrews, and by whom I believe it was written: the end of the Scripture above is just one of those clues. 

 We must understand something very important about the complexity of what Jesus is saying to these Jews: the bread Jesus is speaking of is about transformation, the transformation from the worldly life, to that of a heavenly life. It is not something we can do, but something that Christ has done; we just need to believe it and consume all that it has to offer! 

 The whole point about the drugs, (which I am somewhat ashamed to have said,) is that the god of this current world, the devil, has control of all that is worldly; worldly meaning those things which are ungodly and opposed or hostile to the cause of Christ. Simply put, drugs are laced with spiritual darkness! 

 As much as it hurts to say, there are far too many churches that are compromised by the world; drugs are just one factor, because there are so many other layers to the devil's manipulation and design; you can't even see that they are even there, until it's too late. Everything from the sanctity of marriage, the sex that we were born with, the importance of God's word, the fact that Jesus is God; even the truth about heaven and hell.  

 The rub is not just limited to those things we do not understand; which are abundantly many more than we actually realize. The rub is based upon those things we think are real and true, but are just smoke and mirrors, designed by the one who thinks he owns this world...

"And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and whosoever I will, I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." (Luke 4:5-8 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment