Friday, December 3, 2021

"The Real Eternals!"

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." (John 6:47 KJV)

  "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:12-13 KJV)

 Having been born again for over 40 years, it might seem as though it has been all of my life; which, if you investigate the meaning of these words, "eternal," and, "everlasting," they both speak to something that is quite interesting, to say the least. You know how I am, and how I sometimes like to push the envelope, so to say; or as I like to say, Color outside the lines: well, this might be taking the lines completely out of the picture! 

 As I was listing to Pastor Jack yesterday afternoon, he was sharing a quote from George Whitefield, who said, "We are immortal until our work on earth is done." What that makes us, in a simple and quite direct sort of term: Invincible! That is a term that means we are too powerful to be defeated or overcome! At least that is what we are until God says that are work of earth is done; and then we get to really become indestructible, forever! 

 Now about that envelope: What if there never was an envelope to start with? I am not trying to make a case for this, but simply pointing out something that is probable and is highly likely to be the way things actually are. If we are actually given eternal life, when did that life begin? The definition of eternal life, to the best of my understanding, means from before the world began: from the very beginning of time; from beginning to end, which really, never ends! 

 Anywho: time will tell! Or maybe time won't tell, because there really will be no time at all! I think you get the picture...

"For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall we also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:3-4 KJV) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment