Saturday, December 18, 2021

"To Remain as One"

 "He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." (John 6:56 KJV)

   "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him." (Psalm 91:1-2 NLT) 

 How are you doing? That is something to place into your conversations with those you might frequently share your time with; to simply pause whatever you might be talking about, and ask: How are you doing? Most of us that might be feeling torn over something, do not share about those things which might make us look weak or perplexed. Sometimes we just need to be nudged! 

 On a slightly different note, God hates divorce! You might not know this, but I have a grave marker that is already placed above our grave site, which happens to have our wedding picture, and the remark: Forever One. Actually, we are all one in Christ, each and every one of God's children are One in Him, forever! So, we really can't claim it for just a couple, because we are all part of the very same Body, the body of Christ.

 Sometimes I feel as though I can't go much further, and then I feel God's hand pressing against me, urging me to keep on going. And then, sometimes, I just want to sit here and cry, knowing that it will soon all be over. If you don't know what I mean, don't worry about that, because it is probably just me. But God has everything under control, that much I absolutely believe with all my heart.

 So then, why be discouraged? Why cry? Well, that is a really deep subject: I will need to ask Jesus when I see Him, face to face, because even Jesus faced discouragement and wept: knowing how everything turns out, still does not take away the pain...

"When I think of this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." (Ephesians 3:14-19 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment