Wednesday, December 22, 2021

"Life in Jesus" - x2

 "As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me." (John 6:57 KJV)

  ""The rain and snow come down from heaven and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."" (Isaiah 55:10-11 NLT)

 Well, it is well with my soul, whatever the case might be, I live to fight another day! Isn't that really what we are expected to do? Just like the children of Israel in the wilderness as they gathered manna, they were expected to follow God's instructions, gathering all that they might need to one day, with the exception of the day before the Sabbath, they were to gather twice as much. 

 Some days I feel as though I need twice the strength, praying that God would give me a double portion of His Spirit to face the day; not that it ever happens in a way that I can tell, but, nonetheless, I seem to make it through. Waiting on the Lord, as many might call it, is really not about being idle and staying still; even though the most popular verse people associate with waiting might say, "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalms 46:10) 

 I have tried to share this with some friends and family, from time to time, as they might say that they prayed for a new job, and they wait at home for God to answer their prayer. Not that God could not do what they are expecting; but Jesus could have made enough bread and fish to feed 10,000 people, with just a wave of His hand. Instead, He divided the loaves and the fishes, letting His work multiply through the people. So too, we must do our part! 

 To be frank, we really haven't a clue what God will or will not do with our situation; but even though we don't know what He is doing, we can still believe that He has some good purpose in mind for whatever it is that we might be dealing with, no matter how long it takes, it only gets better and better, the bigger and bigger the issue becomes. The bigger the issue, the more glory goes to God!  

 At least that is what I believe God is doing. He is a loving and caring God, that never gives us more than we can endure; and as of yet, I haven't given up! So, if you are dealing with anything this Christmas that might seem to be overwhelming you, don't entertain the thought of giving up; but think about all the wonderful things that God might be doing! Count your blessing, and don't dwell upon the things which you have no way to explain. 

 Believe it or not, this is my interpretation of, "Life in Jesus," because when we are in Christ, there is nothing wrong with anything we might be dealing with, it doesn't matter how bad it looks or how much it might cost, it is always being used towards the good...

""You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. There events will bring great honor to the LORD'S name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love."" (Isaiah 55:12-13 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment