Saturday, December 25, 2021

"Christ-Mass"

"These things said he in the synagogue as he taught in Capernaum." (John 6:59 KJV)

  "Then I said, "Look, I have come. As it is written about me in the Scriptures: I take joy doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart." I have told all your people about your justice. I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O LORD, well know. I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness." (PSALM 40:7-10 NLT)

 Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ, as well as His death; as the term, "Mass," is a term that represents death. (Just in case you might not have known.) Never mind about its origination, because to be perfectly clear, no matter from where it came from on this earth, it was and is being used of God; so, if you want to declare where it came from, in truth, it came from God! 

 If you really want to spend some time searching the Scriptures for proof, you don't need to spend much time discovering how much God uses pagan and worldly things to get stuff done. A short little lesson is discovered by looking at the story of Christmas written by Dr. Luke, otherwise known as Saint Luke, in Luke 2. The easiest thing, Luke shares right off the bat: "And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed." 

 You really couldn't get more pagan and worldly than that; yet that was the way God was able to get Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem, the place where Jesus was to be born. Then, to look at His death, we again see that the Romans were the used again, as they were not only ruling the world, but they had perfected the use of the cross for execution. 

 I really don't want to get into all the other forms of torture they brought forth, besides the cross; but Jesus has to be beaten enough, as to not even be recognizable. Again, God used the world to make that happen. So, we must take a different look at some of the things we see happening all around us, even if they might appear to be overreaching and out of control. 

 Oh, and by the way, Jesus used very little proof of His defense during His trial, except this truth: "I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing." (John 18:20 KJV) I am curious to what Scripture Jesus was teaching on, besides answering questions...

""Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them white as wool. If you will only obey me, you will have plenty to eat. But if you turn away and refuse to listen, you will be devoured by the sword of your enemies. I, the LORD, have spoken!"" (ISAIAH 1:18-20 NLT) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment