Saturday, December 4, 2021

"The Real Eternals!" - 2

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." (John 6:47 KJV)

  "Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." (Romans 5:9-10 KJV)

 Okay, so maybe I went a little too far; but you must admit, anything is possible in a situation where time is no longer a factor or a thing. Speaking of things, the most important thing about what we are, in Christ, is that we are no longer bond by the threat of death and fear that comes with it what might be after! This little Scripture from Paul, might seem to be something about practical living in the faith; but it speaks of our eternal existence, as being saved is that which takes place upon our departure. 

 As much as I love to be doing this that matter here, my salvation is not fully realized until it is time for my departure from this earth! That is what we are saved for, to be reconciled with Him in eternal life! All of this life here might be exciting and filled with adventure, but what comes next is really what it is all about! Do you believe that? Because that must be the first and foremost thing that you have established in your heart. 

 In other words, if the diagnosis is terminal, it is only temporary! I hope that is totally and completely understood! We have our greatest opportunity to witness for Christ when we are in our worst possible situation, whatever that might be and however hard the situation is to bear; when it matters the most, we are at a place of what could be our greatest opportunity to prove this is real! 

 Please forgive me again for being overreaching and eccentric. I sometimes get that way when it come to death and dying. By the way, I totally forgot to go visit my son's grave on Thursday! I set out to do it during the day, but did not actually remember until it was time to come home; then it was too late. But all is well; today, Lord willing, I will take Marianne with me, and we can both go together to pay our respects.

 Besides that, he is actually not there anyway: He is with Jesus! That is what being saved looks like...

"For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better." (Philippians 1:21 NLT) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment