Tuesday, November 30, 2021

"Knowing The Father's Love"

"It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me." (John 6:45 KJV)

  "And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children." (Isaiah 54:13 KJV)

 As I sit here, morning after morning, I sometimes wonder what God is doing with my life? if anything I share is really making a difference? and how long I am meant to be keeping this up? I know I said I would continue doing this as long as my wife is still with us; but some days I feel like really giving up! And then, out of the blue. without any warning, God pricks my heart with a ray of hope: "Just know that I love you!" 

 It might seem so simple, but it is more complicated than we could ever really understand. Paul sharing this in his letter to Ephesus, saying, "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." (Ephesians 3:17-19 KJV)

 Yes, we can absolutely know the Father's love for us, but we will not fully understand the complexity of His love until we are able to stand in His presence, being totally emersed in His glorious light. Strange as it might seem, but as much as we think we know, the truth and power of His love blows completely past any understanding that we might be able to actually comprehend. 

 In the meantime: Wait and do not give up! Just like His glorious love, the more we endure, the more we get to know what unconditional love might feel like; because it endures! It never gives up...

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, with all lowlines and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one another in love; endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ." (Ephesians 4:1-7 KJV)  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment