Saturday, November 20, 2021

"One Desire"

 "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38 KJV)

  "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart." (Psalms 40:7-8 KJV)

 What is really amazing about this, is that the Jews will have missed much of what Jesus will say about the Father's will, because they will be still trying to deal with this, "I came down from heaven," statement. Isn't that pretty much how it is? Forget about the why's and the what's; focus upon the who's and the where's; that is what and why it matters, because it is all about who you are and where you might be from. 

 If you will allow me, I need to share something about expectations and desires. First of all, when it comes to anyone that is preaching the Gospel, no matter who they are, or where they might be from, there is one rule to remember when you are there: They have been sent, and you need to listen! Basically, if you are there, even if it is common for you to be there, you should expect God will move upon your heart. To help you with this expectation, I find that it works well for you to pray for the speaker. Pray that he will speak the word boldly and directly; and then pray for God to soften people's heart; especially your own. 

 Secondly, when you go to speak to any church; expect that God use you, to whatever degree, that you have one desire, to be a vessel for Him, and not of yourself; and, above all else, pray that you don't hold back when it comes to sharing His heart! I know that might sound really simple and easy to follow; but when it comes to closing your message, it should not end with a closing moment. (Inside secret.) 

 Anywho; this is by far the simplest example of what it looks like to be stuck on stupid! The Jews are so wrapped up in where Jesus said that He was from, and that they knew His upbringing and His earthly father and mother; they totally blew off everything that He said about why He came and what He came for. It was like nothing said after that really mattered; He had lost their attention because they were still trying to unwrap what was previously said.

 Have you ever been there and done that? How about when the speaker shared about certain sins; do you start thinking about someone you know that has a similar issue? Isn't that the ticket out of being convicted; think of someone else that might have a sin worse than yours? Best idea to prevent that, is to compare yourself to Jesus only! Ask Him to give you the desire of His heart, not of your own! 

 If I have said anything that you did not like, I hope you will not hold it against me. I tend to share by experience more than I do from sharing the meaning of the Scriptures. So I have heard, that is not the way it should be done. Well, truth be told, this world is quickly going out of control, so explaining anything normally is out of the question; as soon as you mention God, you have lost their attention...

"For it was not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. That is why, when Christ came into the world, he said to God, "You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings. But you have given me a body to offer. You were not pleased with burnt offerings or other offerings for sin. Then I said, 'Look, I have come to do your will, O God - as it is written about me in the Scriptures.'"" (Hebrews 10:4-7 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment