Sunday, November 7, 2021

"The Simple Truth!"

 "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:29 KJV) 

  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18 KJV)

 All joking aside, there is nothing that the Father wants more, than for us to believe in His Son! Yes, we are meant to be people of God, doing the works the display the great Gift we have been given; but, in the long-short version of this spectacular story, those that are putting their trust in Jesus, will be saved! That is the simple Truth; whether you work or don't work, there is still a place for you in Heaven! 

 Of course, these are only speculative observations, based upon the fact that some come to believe right before they take their final breath; or, as many might come to understand, there is an inner court and an outer court, specially for them which served God, and for those that might have served themselves. Just a little food for thought, in case you might have missed the memo! 

 Please forgive me if I sometimes run around in circles; it is not because I don't know anything worth talking about, but because I am constantly torn between two worlds. Yes, that's right; one part of me wants to just throw in the towel and stop trying to keep my company running; because it keeps me feeling like a hamster running a wheel that gets me nowhere. The other part of me wants to be used of God, doing something totally and completely different; something that stops pulling me back into the worldly things, and lets me stay focused upon the heavenly things that really matter.

 That is just my simple truth, as I should have changed my life, way back in 1981, when I had a chance to stay focused upon the things that really matter! That said, I cant say that I wouldn't have any other way, because I would if I could; but I can't, those things are behind, only what is ahead matters, so I must say: I wouldn't have it any other way, regardless how I feel, I am where God has me to be, until God takes me to be somewhere else! 

 So, there you have it! Based upon all that I know, we cannot change most everything that is wrong in our lives, but I know the One who can, and His name is Jesus! You might be in the worst job ever; but I you have Jesus running your life, even if you're seemingly going nowhere, you are going somewhere very special. And that my friend, is the Simple Truth...

"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. "For in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay. And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away." But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved." (Hebrews 10:35-39 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment