Friday, November 19, 2021

"Arrived and Present!" - 2

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." (John 6:37 KJV) 

  "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be manifest that they were not all of us." (1 John 2:19 KJV)

 As you might have known, anyone that is sent, they were first called; it is everywhere throughout the entire Bible, God calls people unto Himself, and then sends them where they must go. Not that there is any mystery about that; but, the same is true in the moments that we are saved: God calls us out, and then sends us to His Son! 

 Maybe it might not have happen to you in a way that helps you agree with that; but maybe you just have never thought about in that way, so it does not appear that is how it happened. I my case, I was called: as I was relaxing in my bunk, God used the voice of a very old Chaplin, to call me out of my slumber; and then I was sent, almost running, down to where the church meeting was taking place. 

 It was the Father's love that made this happen; not that I understood any of that at the time, because I did not. Looking back, I can see that there was something that motivated me to got off my bed and make me pay attention. What it was that I was paying attention to, I believe, was the love of my Heavenly Father. It was my Father's love; that still small voice that simply said, "My son, wake up, it's time to come alive!" 

 All my life, up to that point, I was traveling endlessly, going nowhere; in that moment, I felt that it was time to off that train, because I had arrived at my destination: I now needed Jesus! My experience is not unique, only the place and the circumstance is what changes: because the Father's love is what we have been missing, and it is His love that wakes us up! 

 Anywho; that is my experience, so you can think about how you can to Jesus, and then see how you might have been made to come alive. That said, once we have been made alive in Christ, we are alive for good! I absolutely 110% believe that there is nothing that can separate us from His love, and that there is no such thing as undoing being Born Again in Christ. 

 I remember my mom saying this, "Don't throw out the baby with the bath water." It always became a very visual picture in my head, as she said it, I would picture a mother tossing the baby out the window with the bath water, and then seeing her scream it horror, and she just realized what she had done. Let that vivid picture sink in, because God can throw out the dirty water without you being tossed out with it! 

 I'm just saying...

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance - an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see." (1 Peter 1:3-5 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment