Monday, November 29, 2021

"Source of Force" - Too

 "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44 KJV)

  "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil." (Jeremiah 13:23 KJV)

 Hopefully I did not offend anyone with my quick words of frustration; as it is, this too shall pass, this sudden urgency to awaken a sleeping giant! What you need to know, is that the word for draw, a simple word that is very close to a word that means, "to take for oneself, to prefer, choose," with a little more force, like, "drag off," or, "drag," both literally or figuratively. 

 I'm not saying that we do not have a choice or a say in the matter, because that is simply not the case. But, when God wants to use you and have you, your life is going to change, one way or another! Now, about that message from Jeremiah, I have mentioned this before, as it was something my mother would always say: "A leopard cannot change his spots." No doubt that is true, as it is proclaimed; but God can do it, from the inside out! 

 Which brings me to the metaphor of the word for draw, "to draw by inward power, lead, impel," which is more about changing the heart! Spotty or not, your heart is hardened when you refuse to answer God's call upon your life; it is just the result of saying no, when your heart earns for yes! That said, you need to be aware of something that you cannot control: when you are called by God and say No, you literally will be sorry; which is the "impel" part of the source of your circumstance. Sticky situation, to say the least! 

 You can call it what you want, but if you're being honest, without God's help to drag you towards the alter, you most likely would not have ended up there on your own...

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 13:12 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment