Tuesday, November 2, 2021

"Defending The Truth"

 "Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you. Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled." (John 6:256 KJV)

  "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." (James 4:3-4 KJV)

 Have you ever wondered why there is any opposition to the teaching of God's word from the pulpit? Is it really all that big of a deal? Where does the opposition come from? and why does it offend someone when it is mentioned? If you must know, most people just want to be left alone and just want to enjoy life; not be hindered by even the thought of needing to change the way that they are living. 

 Call it whatever you want, it makes the difference in who you serve, and why you get up each morning to live out your day. I am really not one to talk, just another person like most everyone else, trying to keep this train rolling down the track! But, I did experience a change in my life; and I am eager to be changed again! This is what you might call, the normal Christian life; to struggle between what we need to do and what we want to do; it's just living in this broken world, and trying to not get broken! 

 If there was an easier way, I think that it would be more popular and well received; but it is hard! But, the more you fail to change, the harder it seems to get; at one point in the journey you need to say, 'Enough is enough! Take my life and make it yours, Lord! My way doesn't work, and I need you to make me more like you!' (That is my prayer, just so you understand where it came from!) 

 I hope you noticed that Jesus totally ignored the question, "Rabbi, when did you get here?" The real question that should have been asked, is, 'From where did you come?' That is one of our most basic problems, dealing with the here and now! I think I spend more time thinking about what I should eat next and when, then I do thinking about where I will be after I die. But then again, I usually don't think I need to worry about it, because my ticket is already punched! 

 As to the church in which Jesus was knocking, it was considered to be, the, Now Dead Church!  Much like the Dead Sea, which was considered to be dead because there was no water flowing in and out of it; so too, is the church was considered to be dead, because there was no need for any change; Jesus was standing outside the church, and needed to be let in!  

 I have these things in my house, Rabbit Air, they are called; five of them in all. Right now, they are all breathing! Yes, they are seemingly each taking their turn breathing, much like you and I might sound when we are catching our breath. That is pretty much the whole point of what we are meant to be doing, like the air we breath, we breath in Jesus, and we breath out Jesus: He is the Breath of Life! 

 I'm sorry if I stepped out of bounds and may have gotten a little carried away; but there is quite a few things on my mind today, and I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed by things that are way too far out of my control! But, with all of my heart, I believe that God is still on His throne, and we are not alone...

"But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control." (Philippians 3:20-21 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment