Monday, April 27, 2020

"Levitation"

"For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation." (Psalms 149:4)

  Okay, just so you know, I was starting Revelation yesterday, so it was surely at the forefront of my mind; but the word did pop into my head the night before. As many of you know, because I have shared it on many occasions, I always seek out a Title for every post, before I actually start typing anything, even the Scripture. If it is something obscure or flashy, I will look it up; but if I don't know why it is being presented, or how it works into the message, I will ask God to show me what it means and how it applies. He never disappoints! Yesterday was a little dicey, as it was something on my mind anyways; any time I am starting into Revelation, I start preparing myself for some sort of action; maybe reaction, is the more appropriate word. Anywho, I was gently praying for God to give me a title; it was gently asked, because it was asked during my prayer time; which I hardly ever make about anything else but praying for people that I know: and out of nowhere the same vision came into my mind of that "Ax Head" floating up to the surface of the water; thus, we have today's Title! Now that you know how my mind works, maybe you can relax long enough to take part in this message! To be straight on message, I will simply say the definition: NOUN; "The action of rising or causing something to rise and hover in the air, typically by means of supposed magical powers." We all know it is not magical, but it is surely not by anything we are capable of doing on our own! The simple fact is that God is the One that lifts us up! This first portion of the verse talks about how God makes His people favorable in His sight; not because of what they might do or even how they might react! That alone should be enough to simply blow our minds! God reminded me of something very special that is another reason He hates divorce: Because God will never say, I am done loving you! I cannot even begin to image the great lengths that He will go to in order to take care of His children; because I can already see what He did to provide salvation for all sinners. Imagine what He will do to take care of and provide assurance for, all of those that have accepted His free gift of salvation! As high as it might be that we are able to go, we will never be able to reach high enough to disrupt God's grip upon our lives, not a chance! As much as we can, we need to stay humble! However possible, we are going to remain to be humble; either by choice or by force, He will beautify the meek with salvation...

"Because I love Zion, I will not keep still. Because my heart yearns for Jerusalem, I cannot remain silent. I will not stop praying for her until her righteousness shines like the dawn, and her salvation blazes like a burning torch. The nations will see your righteousness. World leaders will be blinded by your glory. And you will be given a name by the LORD'S own mouth. The LORD will hold you in his hand for all to see -a splendid crown in the hand of God. Never again will you be called "The Forsaken City" or "The Desolate Land." Your new name will be "The City of God's Delight" and "The Bride of God," for the LORD delights in you and will claim you as his bride." (Isaiah 62:1-4) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment