Tuesday, April 7, 2020

"Heaven of Heavens"

"Praise ye the LORD, Praise ye the LORD from the heavens, praise him in the heights." (Psalms 148:1)

  I cannot begin to count the times that I have gazed up in the stars at night, trying as hard as I could to see something, anything that would show me a sign or a reason for what I was looking at and why God made it so vast and wonderful. As remarkable as it might appear, I really don't think it can hold a candle to where God dwells! Paul gives us a little taste, as his description of heaven was that which was based upon sound, not sight. (2 Corinthians 12:2-4) How do you describe sound? And if you could, would it be the same description to everyone that hears it? What we must do, more than just imagine that there is a heaven, is to be a part of heaven. I know that might sound a little mystical and odd; but it is the only way that we can set our affections on heaven, by making ourselves a part of heaven! Jesus told those that followed Him, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." (John 14:1-4) This, in a nutshell, is Jesus presenting ownership in heaven to those that follow Him. There is a place, a place where there are many mansions! If that wasn't so, Jesus would not have described it as such! And, if you can believe it or, He is preparing a place for you; yes, You! If that were not so, He would have not said that also! I am of the option that those places are already prepared and well kept; He is simply waiting for His Father to give the order, "Go and get your Bride!" And then, wherever He will be, we will be also! The way is absolutely simple, because Jesus makes it abundantly clear: You believe in God, believe also in Me! Don't be troubled...

"Sing, O Heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet I will not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands, thy walls are continually before me." (Isaiah 49:13-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment