Sunday, April 19, 2020

"Chosen and Servants"

"Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:" (Psalms 148:12)

  Talk about the complete package, at this point I am beginning to wonder how many there are, and if there are any that are left without some form of salvation. I know, it's not possible, because Jesus spoke more about hell than He did about heaven; or so it has been said! I am a little bit hesitant to take that line of argument; because I know for a fact, Jesus was from heaven, because He kept saying it over and over: and because He was from heaven, He spoke of it often and with many different forms of communication, both straight talk and parables. I have heard Pastor Jon teach about heaven being much like the Temple, where there is the Inner Court and the Outer Court; the Inner Court being a place for those that served the Lord, the Outer Court being a place for those that served them selves. Whatever it will be, it will be a place where God will wipe away every tear; so there will most likely be nothing there that anyone will complain about, absolutely nothing! One thing I know for sure, God is merciful and is all about love. There is something very special about mankind, something that God did when He created man that is all together different than everything else. Whatever it was, it was enough to cause Satan and a host of other angels to revolt and go against God. I can't imagine how or why anything, no matter how powerful they might think that they are, could even entertain the thought of going against the Creator of heaven and earth; but it happened, and there will be a price to be paid for doing so! There are so many things that I wish I had done different; but there is nothing that I wish I could do over! Sure, there are things I wish I had never done, but if there is one thing I have learned over all these years, you cannot throw away the bad without throwing away some of the good also. We simply need to count all of our blessing and ask forgiveness for all the sins; trusting that God works all things together for the good! I am really not sure how that works, but then again, that's not my area, that is up to God to take care of; and last I checked, He is really good at taking care of business...

""Listen to this message from the LORD, you nations of the world; proclaim it in distant coastlands: The LORD, who scattered his people, will gather and watch over them as a shepherd does his flock. For the LORD has redeemed Israel from those too strong for them. They will come home and sing songs of joy on the heights of Jerusalem. They will be radiant because of the LORD'S good gifts -the abundant crops of grain, new wine, and olive oil, and the healthy flocks and herds. Their life will be like a watered garden, and all their sorrows will be gone. The young women will dance for joy, and the men -old and young -will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing. The priests will enjoy abundance, and my people will feast on my good gifts. I, the LORD, have spoken!"" (Jeremiah 31:10-14) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment