Monday, March 2, 2020

"Trust Only God!"

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help." (Psalms 146:3)

  Sorry to say, I did not make it out there yesterday; but today I will be in that area, so I will actually try and make it happen today. This is a pretty easy verse to set your compass by, because there is only one way that it should point, directly to God! David was thought of as a prince; a prince meaning someone that is noble, generous, and is willing at heart. If you recall, when David was willing to take on Goliath, he was not willing to wear Saul's armor, saying, 'I have not tested this, therefore, I will not be needing it!' (My words that I see David saying, just so you know.) David knew full well that the battle belonged to the LORD; if this giant was going to be defeated, God was the Slayer, not him. That said, we are the vessel that God will use; as strange as it might seem, He loves to use broken people to do extraordinary things. Yesterday we took a little look at Jehoshaphat and his proclaiming of a fast throughout all of Judah. Fasting is a good thing that is sometimes needed to stimulate prayer and to get us to focus on worshipping God and not our belly. Have you ever noticed how much of your time is put into thinking about your next meal? Maybe it is just me, but I seem to be standing at the pantry of my mind several hours before I eat, just going through all the options in my mind. Things were so much easier when I came home to my wife's cooking, looking forward to what she might have made, and the surprise she had in store for me. Anyhow; believe it or not, but it is pretty easy to get our compass needle pointing in the wrong direction; not intentional, but by placing anyone between God and us. Actually, it does not even need to be a person, it could be almost anything, even an actual fast, if there is something you are looking for the fast to accomplish. To be perfectly clear, if you are looking to become more spiritual by fasting, then it is not right direction; even prayer can give you misdirection, if your intention is to be enlightened or more spiritual. When we fast or pray, we are doing so to worship God, plain and simple; in all honesty, fasting and praying will bring you to a point of feeling less worthy and more dependent upon God. Which is actually right where God wants us to be: Taking our eyes off of the problems, and putting our eyes on the LORD...

"O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee." (2 Chronicles 20:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment