Sunday, March 29, 2020

"Word of God Speak"

"He sendeth forth his commandment upon earth: his word runneth very swiftly." (Psalms 147:15)

  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it seem a little strange not be going to church today? I just could not help thinking about that, and how much I miss being gathered together to worship and to hear the Word being taught to a body of fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord. Reading this verse this morning really reminds me how much I am looking forward to The Song of Solomon; it just reminded me of the swiftness spoken of throughout those six Songs. The "commandment" spoken of here is God's Word, His speech; it just so happens, that when God speaks, His words are exactly that, Commandments! In other words, God does not use idle words that do nothing, and that don't mean anything! Nothing that happens here on this earth is beyond God's control; not even this out of control sickness that is causing everyone to freak out all over the earth! Don't ask me what or why; but there is always some kind message being sent out. God never allows anything to happen that can undermine His will and purposes! I couldn't help but think about all of the different ways that God could have cleansed the world back when He created that flood; but He chose to use water, of all things; a very large volume of Water! And then, when it came time again to pour out a cleansing, (no pun intended,) He again used Water, the Living Water! I remember sharing the lesson I heard from Pastor Jon, the one about the measurements of all the fixtures within the Tabernacle; and that in his teaching, everything had a measurement but one thing, the Water Basin that was used to ceremonial cleansing. As I shared this with this person, I mentioned that the Water Basin represented the Word of God, and how it represented that His Word was unmeasurable and infinite. I really thought they would get excited by that, just as I was; but instead, they became offended and corrected me, by saying that the Water represented the Holy Spirit, not the Word, and not Jesus Christ. There are just some things that are beyond our control; but nothing is ever beyond God's control, ever! If God wanted to, He could turn this virus off like a light; just like that, with a snap of His finger, it is said and done! So, do you know why those Jewish leaders wanted to through Jesus off of that cliff? It had a little thing to do with jealousy, because Jesus was making a point about the miracles that were done in the days of Elijah and Elisha; mainly the widow of Sidon and Naaman the Syrian. The Word of God is speaking, I have no doubt; the question is, is anyone listening. Oh, and I forgot to mention something yesterday about the One grain of wheat, it is found John 12:24; check it out...

"By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathered the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast. The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect." (Psalms 33:6 - 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment