Friday, March 13, 2020

"The Healer"

"He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." (Psalms 147:3)

   Whether or not you know it, but Jesus came to heal the broken hearted; as is the case, a hard heart is what gets broken, not a soft and pliable heart. I looked up a few quotes from Pastor Chuck, and one that really stuck out was, "Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know." I think there are just too many people right now that are focused upon the unknown, because the unknown can be scary and blown way out of proportion. If you know that God is the one who decides where it is your time to go, then that is what you know; so what do you do with what you know? This might seem a little strange and overreaching, but we are more in need of a spiritual healing, than ever before! I was listening to someone sharing yesterday, and they were speaking about why they don't care to listen to science, and how science says it is okay to take the life of a child in a mother's womb. For anyone that might not know this, there are approximately 3,000 babies being aborted in the United States, every single day! That makes the total number of lives that are taken, close to one million a year; lives, I said, lives that could have been given a chance to live. As of today, we have 1,832 confirmed cases of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States; 41 that were fatal; and 31 that have recovered. According to the information online, the first case reported in the United States was January 21st; which was one month and three weeks ago; and there has been 41 deaths as of this date. If you want to see how that compares to the number of babies that have been killed, in the same amount of time, that number would be over 150,000! I don't know, but I think the real healing needed is related to the heart, not the lungs! I cannot get over these numbers, because the majority of those that have died, of the 41 cases, have been elderly people that are at the end of their lives. It seems a little odd to me, but who has the most to contribute, those on the way out, or those on the way in? Anywho; this is meant to be about Jesus, our Mighty Healer! What do you know about that...

"The High and Lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts. For I will not fight against you forever; I will not always be angry. If I were, all people would pass away - all the souls I have made. I was angry, so I punished these greedy people. I withdrew from them, but they kept going on their own stubborn way. I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them. I will comfort those who mourn, bringing words of praise to their lips May they have abundant peace, both near and far," says the LORD, who heals them." (Isaiah 57:15-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment