Monday, March 23, 2020

"To Be Held"

"He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man." (Psalms si147:10)

  Talk about racking my brain, this verse really stretched my imagination; my mind was literally running all over the place! (No pun intended!) As I tend to do with catchy phrases, I usually search for common meanings to see what might come up; the most popular topic for, "rack my brain," was whether the word is rack or wrack; as if it really matters! What would you rather be messed up by, a tornado or an earthquake? If there is anything we need to take comfort in, no matter what we are going through or how hard life is crashing all around us, it is the fact that our Heavenly Father is holding our lives in His caring hand! He cares for you and I: and with that little bit of knowledge, we really do not need to worry or concern ourselves with what might happen to our lives! Easy to say, not so easy to put into practice! That simple song just came into my mind, "Put your hand in the hand," making me think, who is holding onto who? But we don't have the strength that it takes to hold onto God like we should; so, the thing we need to be assured of, is that He is holding securely onto you! Jesus made this point, saying, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are One." (John 10:27-30) Notice something here, because it is easily overlooked, that Jesus did not say, 'My Father that gave them to me,' but rather, "My Father, which gave them me!" You know that saying, Love is a two way street! (I'm just saying!) I heard something yesterday that I was dying to use: "God doesn't clean any fish that He hasn't caught first!" It is really not a matter of how strong we are or how hard we try to do anything: God is the One that makes us new! He catches us and then cleans us up; and guess what He does with us then: He never lets us go...

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them." (Ecclesiastes 9:10-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment