Thursday, March 26, 2020

"The Well"

"For he hath strengthened the bars of thy gates; he hath blessed thy children within thee." (Psalms 147:13)

  Excuse me if this might seem a little odd, but there is something I believe God is showing me, and it might take a few minutes to let this sink in. I hardly ever let a little thing like that stop me from typing; just so you know. There are more and more messages that I feel have geared towards getting people back to reading the Bible; it seems as though I am hearing them more frequently every day. Why there are so many churches that are opposed to teaching through God's Word, I have not quite figured it out; but I know it is wrong, and there are way too many examples why, written in the Holy Scriptures. If I needed to place a finger on anything, I would entertain that it might have something to do with that word, Holy; or, if you like, Wholy! It is kind of like that rack verses wrack thing from the other day; because God's Word is Holy, the Whole of It! This is really quite simple, if you can just step back for a moment and examine it from a well's point of view. If I was a well, hypothetically, and if there were gates that allowed water to enter in, then the bars are like the filters to keep the water within me pure and safe. That is really not that hard to visualize, wouldn't you agree? The reason that we must accept and the Whole of God's Holy Word, is for the sake of the offspring, which is that which comes out of the well. I know, it might not quite have the impact that I envisioned, but you have got to admit, it makes you wonder; or wander, which ever way you want to except it...

"He replied, "If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!" But as he came closer to Jerusalem and saw the city ahead, he began to weep. "How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace. But now it is too late, and peace is hidden from your eyes. Before long your enemies will build ramparts against your walls and encircle you and close in on you from every side. They will crush you into the ground, and your children with you. Your enemies will not leave a single stone in place, because you did not accept your opportunity for salvation."" (Luke 19:40-44)

No comments:

Post a Comment