Sunday, March 8, 2020

"Word of Peace"

"The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and the widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down." (Psalms 146:9)

  Odd, don't you think? Peace seems to be something that was not really expected, but then again, it is never something you really ever can expect or plan; it just will be! The Conference yesterday was totally amazing; every part of it was anointed and focused upon the importance of God's Word; which I was pretty much expecting that it would. It was built around Hebrews 12:1-2, and had a focus upon the Great Race, which involved three aspects of what we do with the Word of God; or more importantly, what the Word of God will do in us! I was amazed how that illustration I gave yesterday about the mirror was brought to life and demonstrated by the, "Grab, Go, and Give," illustration in the teachings. That is what we started the Conference with, the illustration of the runners in a race, who grab the baton, run their portion of the race, and then hand the baton to the next runner. All of that is true and applicable to what we do with God's Word and our responsibility. The Conference ended with the mirror affect, as it showed how the Word of God works in us, from start to finish! I know that I don't have everything perfect about my life; and I know that I lack the ability to be perfect: but I know the One who is perfect and makes my life prefect, in Him! So I really don't have anything to worry about; nothing at all in this world can take away my security in Christ! The crazy thing about peace, is just that, people think your crazy when you have peace in the storm! The disciples questioned what was going on with Jesus, as He slept in the boat and it was being tossed around by the wind and waves, saying, "Master, carest thou not that we perish?" (Mark 4:38) The one thing I remembered most this morning, is the thing about faith and the two bridges: All the faith in the world does not work on a broken bridge; but just a little faith will work on a strong bridge: And our Savior is a Very Strong Bridge! Basically, my point is that crazy is not the case for the one that has the peace, just so you know! I remember a joke we would tell when I was around 11 or 12; it was about hell and three doors to choose from; where the first door had fire and people agonizing, and the second door had big rocks falling on peoples heads; but the third door had everyone standing around in waist high waste, while sipping coffee. Which might have seemed a whole lot better than the other two doors; that is until the load speaker came on, and said, "Coffee break is over, back on your heads." I guess that seems a little childish, but it seemed funny back then...

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's." (1 Corinthians 3:18-23)

No comments:

Post a Comment