Wednesday, January 1, 2020

"Hear My Prayer!"

PSALMS 143 [A Psalm of David.]

  Well, welcome to the new year! May it be not only a good year to hear the Lord, but a even better year to listen and to obey! As with the last Psalm, this one is very similar in the David is still dealing with trouble and asking for God to help. Forgive me for being a little simple-minded, but I don't want to ever think that I don't need God's help, in any way or fashion. The day that I think I have this life handled on my own, will be the biggest mistake of my life. Unfortunately, I hate to say this, but there are times when I act as though that is the case; times when I might feel as though I do not need to listen, that I can do whatever I want. I know, it might be something we all do from time to time, but I pray that it does not become any sort of habit. I was wondering where that word came from, habit. Is it derived from dwelling in something or on something a little more than we should, and therefore that thing actually dwells within us and inhabits there, consuming our soul. Anywho, this is not really about New Years resolutions or anything like that; this is about maybe wanting to make this day count for something new! Are there any sort of habits that you might want to get rid of? I might have a few; and I believe that prayer is going to be key for getting rid of them. As I was saying before, if you really want God to hear your prayer, then you really need to listen to Him. Call it respect, if you want to; but if you are trying to live your life pretending that God is only there to listen, then you are not even close to having Him be Lord of your life. He needs us to give Him all; or at least to be willing to give Him all. At least if we are willing, then He will have something to work with; and you can bet your bottom dollar that He will work it out, one way or another. But, we must be willing! I guess the hardest part is to realize that there is something wrong that needs to be made right. If we do not think that it is wrong, then we will never be willing to let Him change our heart and make us right. Right or wrong really does not matter when it comes to making Him Lord of our life; it must be all about what He wants! Lord, whatever you want: That is my prayer...

"And now, O LORD God, the word that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant, and concerning his house, establish it for ever, and do as thou hast said." (2 Samuel 7:25)

No comments:

Post a Comment