Wednesday, January 8, 2020

"Worship" -2

"I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah." (Psalms 143:6)

   Maybe the problem isn't how we worship, but how much we need to worship; because the thirst is never really satisfied enough to carry us very far at all. As I was thinking about this verse and how it relates to the need we have for a personal relationship with God, I couldn't help but think of something Pastor Bryan said Sunday, that we need both, religion and relationship with God. I think it speaks to the need we have for structure and a foundation; a way to stop people from moving away the religious aspect of worshipping God, because He is God, and simply focusing on a relationship, as if He is more like a friend. By the way, what is going on in the S.B.C.? I think that there might be a little religious aspect missing down there, because someone has totally left off following the Holy Scriptures. That might be what it looks like when we get a little too friendly with God, we start thinking that we get to make our own rules, no matter what the God's Word might have to say on any particular matter. The main point I guess that God is speaking into my heart about, it that of our need for daily worship; every day is the same, in that we need to filled and dedicated to serving God on a daily basis. That is where I believe the religious aspect comes into play, because we must practice to make ourselves dedicated to fellowship with the One that loves us. That might seem a little legalistic, as if we might be working too hard at loving God; but if we would put the same sort of effort into our marriages, we would find that we would have less chance of divorce and separations. Actually, the religious part of this is based upon the fact the He is God, and He loves us so much more than we could ever love Him back; no matter how hard we might try, we can never love Him as much as He loves us. So we must also keep that in mind in our relationship, then we can really see the thirst...

"Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee. With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness." (Isaiah 26:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment